Steve leads one of the most sophisticated estate planning practices in Northern California. He works closely with high net worth clients and families to develop and orchestrate innovative solutions around wealth transfer, philanthropic giving and multifaceted estate planning needs. He also counsels nonprofit organizations in all aspects of sophisticated planned giving.
Drawing upon more than 25 years’ practice experience, Steve has designed and implemented virtually every type of estate planning mechanism. Steve’s understanding of each of his client’s unique needs, combined with the responsiveness that he demands of himself and his team, make him an invaluable counselor to families, their businesses and foundations as well as charitable organizations.
Steve has been selected by his peers as a member of the Northern California Super Lawyers® list 2005 through 2014. Among his professional achievements he currently serves as President of the San Francisco Estate Planning Council.
- Complex charitable split interest trusts
- Counsel nonprofit organizations in planned giving
- Family business succession including partnerships, LLCs and closely-held corporations
- Intergenerational dynastic trust planning for high net worth individuals
- Intricate split-interest residence and grantor-retained annuity trusts
- Transfer tax advocacy before the IRS Estate & Gift Tax Division
- Family transactional work involving co-tenancies and entity discount planning
- Mixed property will and revocable trust planning for U.S. citizens and resident aliens
- Irrevocable lifetime grantor trust planning
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley (Boalt Hall)
- Associate Editor, International Tax and Business Lawyer
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of California, Berkeley
- Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Chapter
- State Bar of California Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law
- American Bar Association
- Peninsula Estate Planning Council
- San Francisco Estate Planning Council | President, Board of Directors
- San Mateo County Bar Association | Estate Planning/Probate Section, Former Co-Chair
- State Bar of California | Business Law and Trusts & Estates Sections
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
Contact Steven D. Anderson
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of CaliforniaLandCAN.
Steven D. Anderson is not employed by or affiliated with the California Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Steven D. Anderson
Anderson Yazdi Hwang Minton + Horn LLP
350 Primrose Road
Burlingame, CA 94010
Phone: (650) 212-5900
Fax: (650) 212-5999
Statewide service provider in: