The mission of Sierra Club California is to promote the preservation, restoration, and enjoyment of California’s environment, and enable chapters and grassroots activists to speak as one voice to promote California conservation.
Sierra Club California works closely with California’s 13 Sierra Club chapters to insure that issues of local concern are addressed at the State Capitol. The office also provides grassroots training at our annual lobby day, provides chapter newsletters with articles and legislative updates, and works with the membership to bring grassroots support to lobbying efforts in Sacramento.
To protect the environment we:
- Lobby for Environmental Issues
- Consult and coordinate with Sierra Club experts on policy development and application
- Coordinate with the national Sierra Club, Earthjustice Legal Defense Fund and other organizations
- Provide Up to Date Information to Members and the General Public
- Maintain the Legislative Action Network, an action-oriented email announcement system on legislative and administrative affairs
- Provide chapter newsletters with articles
- Publish periodic specialized newsletters and mailings
- Maintain Sierra Club media presence on California issues
- Grassroots Training and Outreach
- Train Sierra Club members in political and organizational effectiveness
- Mobilize active members in key legislative districts
- Raise funds for Sierra Club California’s programs
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of CaliforniaLandCAN.
Sierra Club California is not employed by or affiliated with the California Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Sierra Club California
909 12th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 557-1100
Fax: (916) 557-9669
Statewide service provider in: