Energy Efficiency Management, Inc. is an Orange County, California based Corporation offering energy efficiency and green training, public outreach, consulting and solutions, to organizations, real estate associations and brokerages, local governments, utilities and home and business owners throughout our community, the state, the nation, and now even throughout the world. We have delivered our services to groups as small as a two-member family home, and been invited to address groups as large as an agency division of the United States Federal Housing Administration and the Government Central Television of China.
We specialize in connecting the real estate industry with the world of energy efficiency, resiliency, sustainability and green related services. We have set the bar on training real estate professionals in this area, taking them beyond the classroom and connecting them with industry, local governments, utilities, community organizations and individual clients needing the service of real estate professionals that specialize in this area. Energy Efficiency Management, Inc. is leading the charge and transforming the market. That's not the full story though; if you're interested in what else we do, then keep reading.
Additionally, we provide energy efficiency and green solutions to anyone, anywhere, anytime. We most recently were awarded the 2014 EverGreen Award, National Trainer of the Year from the National Association of REALTORS Green Resource Council. Fewer companies have been sole-sourced as much as Energy Efficiency Management, Inc. for our work with the real estate industry. We are a Certified Green Building company holding the coveted California HERS-Building Performance Contractor status, offering, whole house building performance consulting and contracting, home performance contracting with Energy Star, and home energy rating audits and analysis. As an official Building Performance Institute (BPI) Test Center with Super Proctor status, we will teach, train and proctor small to large groups, students, homeowners and other builders to business groups and local government agencies, about building science, sustainability, resiliency, green applications and energy efficiency. We consult and advise to businesses, schools, private and local government agencies. And yes, we will even build and retrofit or remodel homes and businesses too. We are a proud business with a great goal; to make our world a better place with what we know, one person, one business, one building and one agency at a time.
Our approach combines green and energy efficiency applications utilizing measures of environmental conservation and sustainability with measures of building science, data collection, and analysis, to achieve a whole systems approach to creating solutions unique to every project.
Why do we combine green, energy efficiency and building science? Because one small change can have a profound effect on sustainability and what is green, and may lead to serious consequences to energy efficiency and good building science practices. Our training, certification, licensing, and experience in both green and energy efficiency applications has led us to this. We tailor our knowledge of both, to combine a single program specifically designed for any unique situation for maximum whole-system performance. Therefore, whether you are interested in only green, only energy efficiency or even better, how both will work together for maximum benefit, we will tailor a solution for you. You may also want to check out our sister company, American Green Home Real Estate by visiting us at www.TheAmericanGreenHome.com
Our certifications, licenses, affiliations and qualifications, speak for themselves. We have trained and collaborated with the best green and energy efficient groups in the world, in order to make ourselves your best source available. The following is a summary list of our Certification, Licenses, Partnerships, and Affiliations:
- Certified and Verified Green Home Performance Contractor, with Energy Star
- Certified Green Building Professional (Build It Green)
- Certified GreenPoint Rater, New and Existing Homes
- Certified HERS (Home Energy Rating System) Phase II - Whole House Rater and Title 24 Field Verification for 2008 Standards (CalCERTs/RESNET)
- California HERS-BPC (Building Performance Contractor)
- Certified Existing Home Rater
- Certified Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst and Building Envelope Specialist
- Certified Energy Efficiency Mortgage FHA Project Manager
- Certified Solar Rater (CalCERTs)
- Certified Quality Insulation Installation and Building Envelope Analysis Specialist
- Certified HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning) alterations and change-outs (CalCERTs`)
- Certified Building Performance Contractor (Efficiency First)
- Certified Level I Infrared Thermographer
- Certificate, U.S. Green Building Council LEED for schools
- Licensed General Building Contractor, State of California
- Licensed Corporation, California Department of Corporations
- Licensed Realtor, State of California Department of Real Estate
- Partner, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy
- Member, U.S Green Building Council
- Member, U. S. Green Building Council, Orange County Chapter
- Member, Build It Green
- Member, CalCERTs
- Member, Residential Energy Services Network, RESNET
- Member, Building Performance Institute, BPI
- Member, Efficiency First; formerly California Building Performance Contractors Association, (CBPCA)
- Member, California Association of REALTORS
- Member, National Association of REALTORS
- Instructor, Green and Sustainable Building Certificate Program, CSULB (CCPE)
- Instructor, Residential Green Real Estate: Best Practices, CSULB (CCPE)
- Trainer, Build It Green
- Instructor/Trainer, National Association of Realtor's Green Designation, California Association of Realtor's
- Southern California Regional Director, Community Home Energy Retrofit Project (CHERP)
It is not too difficult to find someone to analyze, build or remodel your home or building. Even to train your group or agency on elements of green or on what they understand to be energy efficiency. We too, see a lot of “green-washing” in our trade, and misconceptions about what is green and energy efficiency. Finding someone to do it right; that is another matter altogether. The good news is that, if you are reading this, then congratulations, you have already found someone to do it right. For more information on green home performance and energy efficiency and retrofits, check out our article in the Events and Press section dated January 2, 2010. Additionally there is a good article which was dedicated to one of our Green Home Performance energy retrofits in the Los Angeles Times, dated January 2, 2010 called "Energy-saving retrofit of a 1920 house makes it so 2010", and you may enjoy the article.
We understand and practice Green Energy Efficiency. It is not enough for us to finalize a project and simply move on to another. We see ourselves as educators as much as we are experts of our trade. We never stop learning, teaching or practicing our trade. We want you to learn, understand and practice it too. We know that if you make this choice, together we will make our world a better place. We believe that this will be our legacy.
Contact John Shipman
Energy Efficiency Management Inc.
817 N. Arroyo Pl.
Fullerton, CA 92833
Statewide service provider in: