We believe that wild open spaces and natural playgrounds add to quality of life and are an essential platform to connect people to themselves, others and the land. For this reason, we work with willing landowners and conservation partners to permanently protect natural and agricultural lands in Placer County for future generations. Protecting and enhancing the land, including restoring habitat and building trails, ensures that natural wonders and natural playgrounds remain a part of our community, now and forever..
Placer Land Trust is dedicated to quality of life through the Protection of wide open spaces, wild places, local farms and ranches, natural playgrounds, and the links that connect us to them. We commit to community prosperity through our efforts to encourage families, businesses, and you to connect with the importance of protected landscapes. It is in the stewardship of these lands, connections, and relationships that we understand and appreciate their role in the ongoing story of our well-being, local economy, culture, and success. Here are some of the things we value:
- Quality of Life– We champion quality of life by protecting the land, and the connections that bring us together on it. We’re here to protect what’s here, enjoy what’s here, restore it to its natural glory, and cherish it with loved ones now and forever.
- Growth – This is an integral part of a prospering community. We support guided and mindful growth of our community. We believe that protecting land, space and habitat ultimately adds to the prosperity of the community as a whole and should be included in discussions of growth.
- Integrity– Regardless of the volatility of opportunities for land protection, we will remain steadfast in our mission to work only with willing landowners to protect natural wonders and quality of life in Placer County. We operate with the knowledge that we protect land in perpetuity and manage our affairs with the idea of “forever” as well as “for everyone” in mind.
- Passion– We thrive and grow because of the passion of people. We are inspired by the miracle of five different types of ferns clinging to a single cliff-side micro-habitat, a deep breath of blue sky gulped in with a mountain top view, a clutch of baby burrowing owls hatching in a new burrow, a rancher protecting his family’s land after five generations so the next five generations can continue to care for that place, laughter from children running through the woods, and the wonder of discovery.
- Innovation– Innovation comes in sweeping waves and subtleties. While we protect land in perpetuity, it is not stagnant: landscapes are living organisms that must be cared for forever. This enables us to continually evolve the practices we use to protect and steward new lands and keep people connected to the wonders of open spaces.
- Connection– To know something is to care about it. People can connect with a landscape, and a landscape can foster a connection between people. We create opportunities to connect with each other and the environment, in order to protect the places and relationships that sustain us.
- Community– Commitment to community reaches beyond the conservation of wilderness and open space. Protecting the places in Placer County that ensure quality of life for all of us, provides the framework for individuals, families and businesses to thrive.
Contact Placer Land Trust
Contact Placer Land Trust