Dave Gaw advises high net worth individuals and families in all aspects of estate planning, including tax-advantaged transfers of assets, multigenerational planning, the taxation of trusts and estates and charitable giving. As a trusted advisor, he counsels a broad range of clients, including owners of national companies, closely held businesses, and international clients with multijurisdictional contacts. He proudly lists some of California’s leading vineyard owners, winemakers, farmers and ranchers amongst his most significant clients. In his planning practice, he works closely with CPAs, investment advisors and insurance planners to ensure a coordinated approach to his clients’ needs. Dave frequently receives referrals from other estate planning lawyers and CPAS, for his expertise in high end estate planning.
Dave is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law, designated by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He is a former member of the Executive Committee for the State Bar of California – Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Section. He is also a certified Elder Law Attorney of the National Elder Law Foundation, and a member of the prestigious Council of Advanced Practitioners of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys.
Areas of Practice
- Basic and Advanced Estate Planning
- Trust and Probate Administration
- Wine Law
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D., 1971
- Order of the Coif, 1971
- University of Colorado, B.A., 1967
- State Bar of California, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Section, Member, Executive Committee Member for six years
- National Elder Law Foundation, accredited by the American Bar Association, Certified Elder Law Attorney
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Council of Advanced Practitioners, Member
- LAWPACT, International Association of Independent Business Law firms, Vice President
- Napa County Bar Association, President (1994), and Chair (1982–1986), Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section
- Solano County Bar Association, Member
- American College of Trust and Estate Council, Member
Contact David B. Gaw
Contact David B. Gaw
Gaw Van Male
Managing Partner | Co-Founder
1000 Main St.
Napa, CA 94559
Statewide service provider in: