Established in 1999, Forester’s Co-Op has been providing clientele throughout the State of California with innovative environmental assessments for the permitting of natural resource and wildfire prevention projects, rural community developments, and for emerging biomass renewable energy sites. We believe in and practice our passion, which is to achieve the highest ethical standards in forest conservation through the active management of our State’s abundant forest, range, wildlife, water, and recreational natural resources. Collaboration with other like-minded professional firms is a fundamental philosophy of our Company. Whether your needs are for a sustained yield forest management plan, utility ROW permitting, wetlands restoration projects, oak woodlands conservation, noxious weed detection and control, a proactive wildfire avoidance and mitigation plan, fire protection enrichment studies, or a candid renewable energy project assessment, Forester’s Co-Op can and will respond.
Forester’s Co-Op Specializes in:
- Long Term (30 year) Forest Conservation and Sustained Yield Plans
- California Timber Harvest Plans
- Logging Contracts and Log Sale Administration Services
- Wildfire Risk Assessments
- Predictive Fire Behavior GIS Modeling Services
- Fire-Wise Community Planning
- Oak Woodland Conservation Planning
- Forest & Biological surveys and inventories
- Archaeological surveys and project mitigation reports
- USFS Forest Stand Exam Inventories
- USFS – Healthy Forest Timber Sale Preparation – “Layout – Mark – Cruise”
- Green House Gas (Carbon – CO2) Forest Sequestration Verification and Validation Services (California Air Resources Board (ARB) and Climate Action Reserve (CAR) Protocols)
- Woody biomass renewable energy Project Management and Consulting Services
- Biomass to Energy Feedstock Fuel Inventories and Procurement Services
- Global Positioning System (GPS) field data collection and post GPS to GIS data processing
- Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and geographic data display services
- Forest benchmark mapping, deforestation and degradation forest change assessment
Our staff of professional foresters offers your project a combined total of 40 years of practical on-the-ground forestry, biological, and firefighting experience. Our primary strength is in the accurate collection of a broad spectrum of field natural resource data (timber volume, wildfire fuel inventories, botanical, biological, hydrological, etc.) and then rendering this data into Geographical Information System (GIS) analytical tools for use in the environmental permitting process. Our Company maintains a professional staff with extensive forest, biological, and active management expertise necessary to author and secure large and complex CEQA/NEPA environmental permits for projects proposed in California’s forest, oak woodland, and chaparral regions.
We have developed “state of the art” fire and fuels management analytical GIS models necessary to evaluate and mitigate environmental impacts resulting from the design of a proposed project. Timber and/or oak woodlands managed by Forester’s Co-Op provide for healthy productive forests, clean water, improved wildlife habitat, and reduce the threat of wildfires to nearby communities. Please contact us today to discuss how our Company can best assist you in meeting your project’s forest, vegetation, or wildfire prevention management goals and objectives.
Contact Forester's Co-Op