B. Birmingham Inc. is an integrative Construction firm which blends project management, schedule, budget, quality service and craftsmanship seamlessly into each and every project that is embarked upon. We understand the importance of balancing the beauty of a finished project with client budget. We believe in working through the decision making process with the client, architect and designer to ensure the space created is both functional and beautiful. We thrive on attention to detail.
It is important for us to work closely with the client, architect and designer to ensure that again and again we deliver the most aesthetically pleasing project, within budget, and on time. While we do not have an in-house architect or designer, we habitually work hand in hand with a number of local designers, architects and engineers.
Over the past 20 years we have successfully completed numerous projects within the City of San Francisco and the greater Bay Area.
Our capabilities span from restoring and upgrading turn of the Century homes to their former beauty, to constructing cutting edge clean line contemporary living space.
We expand from the ground up, remodel and repair. We build new additions, replace foundations, do seismic upgrades, convert basements, create garages, repair dry rot, renovate and upgrade kitchens and bathrooms, giving you a project finished to the highest standards and ready to be lived in.We have the expertise to get projects approved and expedite the permit process through the Building Department.We’re committed to doing work you’ll be happy with.
B. Birmingham Inc. has built strong working relationships with the same team of subcontractors over the last number of years. We work as a unit and move from one project to the next integrating each trade in a seamless way, and scheduling in the most logically consecutive manner. The fact that we choose to work with the same subcontractors time and time again ensures competitive pricing, loyalty and a commitment to schedule that is unsurpassable.
Environmental responsibility is an important part of our mission to provide you with the best home building experience possible. We approach every project with the environment in mind in order to conserve valuable resources and create the healthiest environment for you and your family. This means reusing materials whenever possible and offering a wide range of sustainable building materials to fit your budget and preference.
Bryan Birmingham is a Certified Green Building Professional and proud member of the US Green Building Council and Build it Green , a local organization certifying and promoting sustainable building practices.
We routinely employ environmentally responsible practices including:
- Sorting and recycling demolition debris
- Salvaging, reusing or recycling rough and finish materials
- Using engineered lumber for framing and sheet goods
- Installing energy efficient appliances, heating units, etc.
- Installing water heater jackets and pipe insulation
- Installing low-e windows
- Upgrading wall and ceiling insulation beyond requirements
- Using Low/No-Voc paints and adhesives
- Sealing exposed particle board and MDF, when possible
- Minimizing disruption to plants and trees at job sites
- Using OSB for subfloors and sheathing
- Surpassing Title 24 energy requirements, whenever possible
- Sealing air infiltration and creating a tight building envelope
Other green practices available to our clients include:
- Use of recycled fly ash in concrete foundations
- Use of FSC Certified Wood (Forest Stewardship Council) for any interior and exterior lumber
- Use of sustainable decking materials
- Installation of high efficiency ceiling fans
- Installation of fluorescent recessed lighting
- Installation of radiant floor heating
- Installation of low flow and duel flush toilets, faucets and shower heads
- Installation of light tubes or skylights
- Installation of rapidly renewable, salvaged or recycled finish materials for flooring, counters, cabinetry, etc.
- Installation of solar water heating and/or photovoltaic systems
Contact Bryan Birmingham
B. Birmingham Inc.
San Francisco, CA 94112
Phone: (415) 731-4542
Fax: (415) 731-4579
Statewide service provider in: